Thursday 28 November 2013

Shoot intentions:
Aiming to look at my surroundings up close in search of the less obvious. I want to be able to photograph compositions and appreciate the natural things given to me. Focus on perspective, line and geometrics.




In order to outline tone and texture I chose to desaturate this image. Choosing to burn in some areas provided a clear contrast between the tonal range








Choosing a viewpoint from above puts the composition into perspective. The photograph almost looks distorted as if the pole is shooting out of it. During the editing process I chose to desaturate this image to provide a contrast between tones.








Focusing on pattern and texture, I feel this has been achieved well providing a range of tones and an aesthetically pleasing composition. 











Solarising this print as part of the developing process was an important experiment I undertook. The geometric elements stand out in this composition. Rows of cars, lampposts and the zebra crossing are all subjects highlighting line.

No comments:

Post a Comment